Friday, June 1, 2012

End of the Year Meeting....





Twiddle A and Twiddle C

Leave it to Cindy to suggest a theme for our End of the Year Meeting with all of our library staff across the district.  When she said she wanted an Alice and Wonderland Theme - I figured we would make the perfect Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum; hence the above pic.  I love all of our IDEA library staff and I am excited for all of us to gear up for summer.  

Of course the hardest part of our upcoming meeting will be that we will need to say goodbye to Cindy.  Cindy has been recruited to be the Head Librarian for The Bonn International School in Germany.  There is a big part of me that is so jealous because that means she will be doing what we both love - teaching and working with incredible International Baccalaureate students.  But, the hardest part will be the separation of what I consider the best working relationship I have ever had.  We compliment each other in so many ways.  She has taught me SO much and I look forward to continuing our blog with her in Europe and me in the United States.  

I am going to miss her optimism and wisdom.






1 comment:

  1. I will miss you, too. I only wish we could have worked IN a library together! Can you imagine the lessons we could have taught and excitement about reading we could have generated on a day-to-day basis????

    You have taught me so much about integrating technology, and you have pushed me to become an early adopter. I look forward to what we have to learn from and teach each other at a distance. I know your enthusiasm will cross the miles.

    I know we will keep flying...

    ReplyDelete